Wednesday, January 26, 2011

October

Where does the time go?  I can't believe October was three months ago.  Time to get caught up AGAIN.

Our month was spent in many of the usual ways.  School, soccer, ballet and scouts meant lots of driving around.  We also began guitar and piano lessons which filled our home with complai--I mean beautiful music.  One Saturday we took a trip to Huntington Beach and enjoyed Ruby's on the pier followed by a little gelato.  We took full advantage of the warmer temperatures here and spent a lot of time playing outside.  It was lovely although deep down I must confess that I missed the fall colors.

After a couple years away, it was a lot of fun to celebrate Halloween here.  I think the kids were a little blown away by it all.  There was a school parade, primary activity, trunk-or-treat, party with friends and lots and lots of candy.  Too much if you ask me.  Some of the treats went to pay mommy and daddy taxes, some went to the Bishop to pass out on Sundays, some ended up in their bellies and the rest...in the garbage.  With so many holidays in America, we are never short on candy and treats.

4 months old

Goofing around outside
Don't you love the fangs?



Pete walked in on this one evening.
These two are alike in so many ways.

As my sister says, #3 is exuberant

Getting awards at a pack meeting
Huntington Beach Pier

4 cuties
Ready for the school parade

With primary friends

Trunk-or-treat!

Edward, is that you?

My lovable dragon

My little pumpkin

A "nice" witch (as she put it)
Getting in the act with cousins

Pumpkin carving

Finished products

Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

Julie said...

1. There is no such thing as too much candy.

2. Those pictures of Ellie and Alex need to be blown up and framed. Be still my heart.

3. I've been waiting for an update since November 5, 2010. About time, thank you.

That is all. Goodnight.

Jeff and Marge Clayton said...

Ditto Julie. Thank you for posting.

Jax said...

I got your Valentine & am thrilled to be able to catch up with you here! Your kids are so GORGEOUS! Thanks for the update. Aja