Friday, November 5, 2010

September

First of all, I need to issue an apology and an explanation.  When I made the decision to end my last blog and begin a new one, I didn't count on the negative feedback.  I figured all blogs are created equal.  My biggest concern was that I had a lot of personal info on my first blog, including our last name, all of the kids' names and birth dates.  It was information I didn't want out there now that I am no longer living in "Middle of Nowhere", Switzerland.  I thought about making it a private blog, but in the end chose to call it what it was (a travel log) and start over.  After I reread my last post, I can see that it does have a certain sadness to it (sorry).  However, it is always exciting to have a clean slate and start something new.  Here we go...

September was somewhat of a blur.  It was nice to get back into a routine although some mornings when we are rushing to get ready for school I am longing for the days of summer.  The kids all have great teachers and #3 is loving preschool.  He only attends two days a week and is often mad at me that it isn't everyday.  I was thrilled to find out that my first two do not have as much homework as I thought they would.  I'm now a carpooling/soccer mom again and we have also thrown cub scouts and ballet into the mix.

We still have days of down time which are spent hanging out at home, the park and on occasion, Disneyland.  Our cute #4 is growing fast but is not quite the sleeper I had hoped for.  Some days I find myself sleepwalking through life, counting down the minutes until I can go back to bed.  Which leads me to my question of the month: Why do kids fight naps so much? 

3 girls and an elephant
The magic feather
Riding solo
Tall enough for Big Thunder
A Whole New World
Family shot in front of a smaller Matterhorn
First day of school
#1 looking a little tired
#3 and his injury of the month

First day of preschool
#3 was spoiled with a trip to Disneyland while his siblings were at school


2 boys and a baby
Pumpkin head
M-I-C-K-E-Y
#1 playing soccer against his cousins

Looking for a chance to score


Our princess on picture day
Loving these cheeks...
...and the hair!
Cutie pie or troublemaker?
Waiting for the parade to start on a HOT September evening at California Adventure
Look Mom...Mater!
3 amigos
Staying out past bedtime

6 comments:

Jeff and Marge Clayton said...

Very cute kids and I love Henry's big boy hair cut!!! they are all growing so much and are really adorable, great kids. Miss 'em!!!!

Julie said...

Oh my gosh I want to eat Eleanor! She is soooo yummy!!!!!!! and FAT!!!!!!! You have the cutest, chubbiest babies. And then they turn into the cutest kids. Does the Doctors office think that you guys abuse Henry?? Never seen a kid get hurt so much! ha ha. Glad you guys are having a lot of fun. . . and SORRY that baby isn't sleeping well for ya. What a drag. Wish I was there to take the kids so you could sleep.

jessi said...

I am sure I would be doing something similar if we were headed Stateside again. Your baby girl is ADORABLE. Glad to keep up to date with your cute family. Miss you, Christina!

The Titmi said...

I hope you think of me when you wear my matching Ergo!! Thanks for the blog change info- I missed it. And sorry- my babies rarely resist naps. I miss you!!!

heymaughan said...

Okay Swiss Miss, I'm back to following your blog and hopefully will follow your blogging example too and update mine as well. The local adventures remind me how far away I am, but I'm so happy to see you enjoying life and living it to the fullest like you always do! Miss you guys.

Marybeth said...

Happy birthday, Christina! Can't find your phone number, but we are thinking of you! xoxox Lar and fam